Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bully Prevention Month: my bully story

We all have bully stories, right?

Bullying in my elementary came in all forms, physical, mental, and sexual. If you read my post on Uniquely Moi yesterday, you'll see that there was a boy named Mark that tormented me from kindergarten to 3rd grade. He was mean for sure, but he also made sexual remarks that no child that age should have even knew to make.

I don't know if times were just different then, or if it was the school I went to, which I would find hard to believe as I lived in one of the more affluent neighborhoods in the city and went to one of the schools with the highest test scores. But there were numerous boys with this kind of knowledge, and the girls in school were sexually harassed throughout our elementary school years, which wouldn't be tolerated in this day and age.

Anyway, I digress. Today I'm going to tell you about a boy I went to school with named David. The incidents I'm remembering happened around 3rd and 4th grade. One instance took place while I was babysitting in his apartment building. I was on the third floor. He must have seen me go in the building. He stood outside and serenaded me the Beatles, I Want to Hold Your Hand, instead he replaced the word hand with another body part *cough*. He sang it over and over and yelled for me to come down. It felt like he was out there all day. I'm sure it was only about five minutes or so. I might have been embarrassed, but I also remember feeling fear, intimidation.Imight mention that he was about a foot taller than me.

Then one day at school a group of girls including me, were walking down the hall and saw his jacket lying in the hallway, well, we thought it would be funny to just toss it in the bathroom. No big deal right? Well, it ended up in the toilet. The bunch of us were called into the office, of course no one fessed up.

During PE class, when our teacher walked into his office for a few minutes, David came up to me and accused me. I told him I didn't do it. he shoved me. I told him again I didn't do it. Back then we all wore hoodies, well, he grabbed my hood and began pulling me back and forth by it, cussing me out and choking me. I couldn't scream, I couldn't breathe. I was losing consciousness. No one was trying to stop him from what I remember. It was only when the teacher came back out did it stop.

He moved away after 4th grade. Needless to say, I didn't miss him.
What's your bully story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews