Thursday, April 18, 2013

Living for the Moment

Have you ever read the book Never Eighteen? You know the one, where the teenage boy is going to die, so he makes this bucket list of things he wants to do and see, and all the people he wants to visit to remind that you only get one shot at life and you better make the most of it?

HAHAHA yeah, that's my book. I know. But ever since writing that, and more than that, ever since my divorce, I really believe we should be living our lives that way, because yeah, one day it could all end we could be too sick or injured, or worse yet, too dead to do the things we still want to do in life.

I want to keep writing, keep publishing books. It's why I've chosen the indie route. I don't want to wait another two to three years to see another book on the shelf. I want to travel and if I have to live a little beyond my means to do it, I will. I want to have fun and enjoy life. I want to entertain people, throw parties.

I WANT TO LIVE!!

I want to go places I've never gone. I've made a rash decision to go to Vegas next month. Vegas has never been on the top of my list of places to go. So why? Because I can. Because I have a little money in the bank. Because I've never been there. Because someone asked me to go. So why not?

Life is short. In a short few weeks I have seen seen someone commit suicide, known of three terminal cancer patients, and one heart attack. Some day this could be me (not the suicide, but the other things). And think about the bombing in Boston. Those three people that died, they were young. Very young. There is no way they saw that coming.

I'm going to live life for today and try not to think about what comes tomorrow. I've let myself get depressed and stressed again, and I'm thinking this is just the mentality I need to bring myself out of the slump again.

Maybe I'll even make a bucket list.

Tell me, what are some of the things you would like to do, see? What are some goals you have for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews